Banking & Commercial Lending
Let Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A. help you obtain the best loan available on terms most favorable to you.
Recent growth in competition among lending institutions has created the availability of more innovative approaches to business financing.
While you may be familiar with the various loan packages available to your business, experienced attorneys at Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A. can help you achieve a full understanding of all the legal implications of complex loan documents.
We can help you:
- Choose the best financing packages for your needs
- Limit your liability
- Limit the lender's recourse against you and your assets
- Negotiate interest rates, fees, admin costs and other expenses; providing you with the best overall loan "price"
- Avoid limitations (management, transferability, changes in operations)
- Negotiate the most reasonable terms, covenants, warranties and conditions possible
- Traditional financing
- Primarily for fixed-asset purchases
- Fixed or floating interest rates
Revolving-credit loans (Lines of credit)
- Provide operating capital
- Usually floating interest rates
Letters of credit
- Issued by a lender to assure payment of specific borrower obligations
- Used in special transactions with vendors, creditors, or in connection with note or bond financings
- Availability varies from time to time
- Can provide significant savings compared to conventional financing
- Examples: industrial development revenue bonds, health0care facilities bonds
Taxable note financing
- Often used in larger term financings
- Enables the borrower to take advantage of lower interest rates available in the commercial paper market
- Provide capital while a facility is being built
- Allow for periodic advances for payment of construction costs on an interest-only basis
Government loan programs
- Various loan programs at the federal, state and local level
- Low interest loans for borrowers who will create additional jobs
Restructuring and workouts
- Helps borrowers get back on their feet
- Loans can be reworked to fit within cash-flow limitations
- Helps the borrower avoid defaults, business interruptions and bankruptcy
Thanks to Amer Cunningham Co., L.P.A.'s broad knowledge of the law, we can provide you with the experienced counsel you need to determine what financing packages will be the most beneficial for your business and to negotiate the best terms for you.
Our ongoing relationships with most of the lending institutions in Northeast Ohio, as well as many larger institutions across the United States, will help you determine the most beneficial financing package available to you.
We will ensure the financing terms fit with your business, and that the loan structure will benefit, rather than limit your business.
We know how to work through all types of loan documents, and we pay particular attention to details that could pose problems later.
We assist you in limiting expenses involved in your loan, both at closing and during the life of the loan.